Tapping into the positive

 My mind can be a negative place. I am grateful I have tools to hop into the positive flow of life. Sometimes I imagine myself swimming upstream. Then I have an aha moment, I turn over and float with the flow in the other direction.



If you put a hand under uke's arm near their wrist and a hand on their shoulder then walk forward slowly in centered way, you will notice that uke willingly walks with you. When we do this exercise in class with a new student they are always surprised at how it feels (which is lovely) and how well it works. No one likes to be told what to do but when asked politely and gently, most people will go with the flow.

Insisting, knowing, forcing doesn't work for me. Letting, understanding and blending are better options. Today I choose to be in the flow. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No, I am right....

Just keep moving.