Aikido is medicine for a sick world.

 Yesterday I felt a bit off all day. It was  hot and muggy. I haven't been sleeping great.  I took it easy at work. I kept my thoughts and feelings to myself except to tell Ron I was feeling off.

We decided to have class upstairs. There's no mat but there is air-conditioning. We had an informal "no gi" class with 3 people on zoom.



Right at the beginning of class while we were do ki exercises I felt the shift back to equilibrium. Even though I still felt hot and sweaty, my body relaxed and my breathing become normal. My spirit re-entered my body. 

Aikido training restores me to sanity every time. When I do weapons, rolls or ki exercises by myself, I feel better.  After a class, where there is an exchange of energy and camaraderie, my mind, body and spirit are renewed.

O' Sensei said "Aikido is medicine for a sick world." Yes! For me this is true. Every class renders me alive and free.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No, I am right....

Just keep moving.