Focus on myself

 To keep the focus on myself. Now there is a challenge. I like the metaphor of staying inside my own hula hoop. There are many temptations to drop the hoop and march right into someone else's stuff: mostly uninvited.



 It happens more in my thinking than in my actions. The wandering of my mind into situations that I have no control over hurts me. I almost never do it in a positive way.

My aikido practice reminds me if I move what I can, which is me, all will be well. I don't have to power over anyone or try to control the situation.  When I feel resistance, it's because I am trying to move uke. When I move myself, uke follows me naturally. It may look the same but it feels very different. 

Forcing solutions has never worked for me. It may work for others but it has always gotten negative results for me.

Now I let life happen to the best of my ability. I practice gratitude for what I have. I am hopping back into my hula hoop and enjoying the twirl of my own life. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No, I am right....

Just keep moving.