20 Ideas about how to tell your story to habit holders:
(There is 1 in each of us)
1. Forget yourself.
2. Look at the same technique at different speeds.
3. Change the technique slightly.
4. Exaggerate the part you want to change.
5. Let student self correct.
6. Ask questions.
7. Keep repeating the technique until the habit is noticed by the student
8. Move on to something else and return later with the same approach.
9. Move on to something else and return later with a new approach.
10. Ask for feedback from other students.
11. Do technique with eyes closed.
12. Do technique with one hand.
13. Do technique on one foot.
14. Make suggestions. A little at a time.
15. Be enthusiastic and animated.
16. Praise small achievements.
17. Speak positively.
18. Talk about your own experiences.
19. Find each person’s currency.
20. Accept that often experienced students are not willing to let go of the familiar.