training for the long haul




Training for life is quite a commitment. We get to run into ourselves often: injuries, classes where only one or two students show up, ego, rank, whether to stay with a teacher or wander about on our own. We train through times when life is easy and life gets difficult.

Long drives, economic worries, issues with other students or teachers... these situations can all seem like reasons to stop...along with having to train with limitatations because of age or a long term injury. Job changes, family commitments, complacency, boredom...people stop training for all sorts of reasons.


For me the best way to honor this commitment that I have is to train one class at a time.


God willing and the creek don't rise... I will be on the mat on Saturday morning...10:00 A. M sharp...cause I am teaching first.

Comments

  1. Great picture! I also found what you wrote spot on! I find I run into myself all the time, seems now more than ever! What a gift to not only to train with such great folks (friends), but to get to know myself so deeply. I find that I truly like myself most of the time and what I don't can be changed. Aikido is an amazing journey on so many levels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I have browsed most of your posts. This post is probably where I got the most useful information for my research. Thanks for posting, maybe we can see more on this. Are you aware of any other websites on this subject. aikido dojo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just keep moving.

Staying with myself.