Yesterday Ron started class with ki exercise as warm ups as usual. Then he did several ryo katetori techniques focusing on extension. When it was my turn to teach I did the same movements with the short sword with the same focus. We are training upstairs in our house right now on Zoom so we don't have to heat the dojo for just the two of us.



It is challenging and rewarding. I noticed at a class a few weeks ago that the new normal is feeling more comfortable. My  nervousness about people understanding what we are doing and getting value from our classes has lessened.

It has been a powerful experience of adapting to what is and enjoying what we can do. Our classes are well attended with 6 to eight people joining us 3 times a week. Ron and I are grateful to be able to practice. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No, I am right....

Just keep moving.