Accept what is...

Accept what is, blend and move on.

This is my new mantra for getting through February. This month is seems like everyone is going south and getting warm. I have customers that call and ask what the temperature is here. I tell them 25 degrees and snowing with a stiff wind. They chuckle and say it's 80 and sunny here. I know I could have planned a February vacation but I didn't. So thank god it is warming up a bit and we had 2 straight days of sunshine.


 The weather is much easier to accept than people's moods. It has been a hell of month of disgruntled people. I have gotten thrown off my center at least 4 times this month. This last time I couldn't sleep because of my anxiety about not being perfect. Toss in my new way of eating the includes no potato chips, French Fries, bread matter, rice, pasta or mashed potatoes and we have a recipe for touchiness.


So here I am. My equilibrium brought back by chatting with trusted people, prayer, meditation and finally class. Last night in class I noticed how stong,tall and powerful I am. I was training with Ron, Charlie and Erik. Aikido is a great equalizer. My ability comes from training and good technique. It does not depend on my size or strength. Last night I noticed that at 62 years young, I can do it. I can do anything. I can hold compassion for myself when I have acted awkwardly. I can continue to do my best.
I accept what is, blend and move on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No, I am right....

Just keep moving.